For Fox Cottage, Stapenhill Farm, Paxford
Fox Cottage is a single storey, Cotswold stone barn conversion situated in the countryside and accessed via a long tarmac drive, which opens up into a graveled parking area. Away from a public highway it offers a peaceful and tranquil location. Fox Cottage is located on a non-working farm but there are various animals on the farm (including dogs, horses and sheep). Car parking is available directly outside the cottage.
We have tried to provide as much information as possible in this statement, if you have any queries please do call.
All enquiries / bookings are handled by Campden Cottages. They have an extensive web site which includes much useful local information as well as a page for Fox Cottage showing photos and a full description.
- Bookings / enquiries can be made via email, fax or phone
- Once the final payment is made, directions are sent to you which include the postcode
- Fox Cottage is not on a bus route
- The nearest railway station is Moreton in Marsh which is approximately 5 miles away. It is on the main line from London Paddington to Worcester. There is a bridge ramp for wheelchair access. Taxis are not always waiting at the station and you are advised to book a taxi in advance.
- Tesco and Ocado can deliver your shopping by advance arrangement if required.
- The owners, Mr and Mrs Gold, live in Stapenhill Farmhouse which is situated at the end of the gravel area. They will see you after your arrival and are on hand should you have any queries or need help. Their contact details are on the directions you are sent.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Go up the tarmac driveway (approx 800 metres) and park on the gravel area on the left hand side. The first building on the left is Fox Cottage
- The entrance door (with a Fox door knocker) is at the end of the Cottage. There is a slight slope downwards towards the door from the parking area.
- Parking is approx 15 metres away from the entrance
- If it is easier, a car can be driven around the other side of Fox Cottage into the brick courtyard to unload at the side entrance but must then be moved and parked on the gravel area.
- Some of the brick paving in the courtyard is slightly uneven
Main Entrance & Reception
- The entrance door is 180cm high x 88 cm wide. The key hole lock is 100cm high
- There is a step down into the lobby 130cm. There is a threshold of 30mm
- The door is hinged on the right.
- The lobby is 2.3 x 1.4 metres with coir matting covering the whole floor area
- There is a door 175cm x 89cm into the main living area with a 10cm step
Main Living Area
- The main living area is one large open plan room 10.3m x 4m. There is a kitchen area, dining area and sitting area in this room
- Flooring is Kahrs wood floor
- Light switches are 135cm high
Self-Catering Kitchen Area
- Worktop height 90cm
- Oven is electric. Door is drop down, can be accessed from either side
- Hob is 90cm high and calor gas.
- Dishwasher door is drop down and can be accessed from either side
- Sink is 90cm high with cupboards underneath
- Taps are mixer with solid handles
- There is free space in the kitchen area to reach worktops and equipment
- Evenly lit kitchen with string of spotlights above work surfaces where required
- Good contrast between floor, cupboards and other surfaces
- Some china, pots and pans are in floor cupboards. Glasses are in a wall cupboard and plates in a wall rack but some of these could be moved onto the worktop prior to arrival, on request
- Larder Fridge in cupboard (door handle at 70cm high). The highest shelf in fridge 60cm
- Outside Fox Cottage, a door from the courtyard leads into a shed housing the central heating boiler and a chest deep freeze with a top opening lid.
- The dining room is open plan with the sitting room and kitchen.
- Rectangular Table (moveable) – legs on each corner, 60cm floor to lowest point of table (underspace)
- Free space between table and walls is at least 75cm and up to 1.2m.
- Chairs (moveable) – 5 wooden chairs with no arms (seat 45cm high).
- Door, with stable door 1.9m x 1.22m leads out into courtyard. There are two steps down of 120mm. The height of the fittings on the stable door is 1.2m on lower door and 1.4m on upper door
Sitting Room Area
- Two double sofas (one is a sofa bed) 40cm to top of seat cushion)
- Flat screen TV provided with remote control and DVD player with remote control.
All on the same level a door (1.85m x 90cm) leads into the
- The bedroom is fully carpeted and measures 4.6m x 4m
- Queen size bed provided – 5ft wide
- Bed height 60cm floor to top of mattress
- Non Feather duvets and pillows provided
- Sheets, duvet covers and pillowcases are cotton or polycotton
- Transfer space available to left or right of bed is either 96cm or 88cm but the bed could be moved further to one side if necessary
- Largest free space clear of doors and furniture is at least 1m
Bathroom & WC [Ensuite]
- There is one step down into the bathroom 10cm
- Door width 87cm
- Vinyl flooring
- Panelled bath with electric shower over.
- Shower controls 1.8m height from floor level
- Bath height is 60 cm. There are no grab handles
- Taps are cross head type
- Free space in bathroom (free of doors and furniture) is 2.2m by 1.68m
- Toilet seat height 40cm
- There is a cupboard to the right of the WC and a basin to the left (see photo) Available space only in front of wc.
- Space under washbasin is free (no pipes or vanity unit)
- Good colour contrast between floor, walls and furniture
- The control for the boiler is in the airing cupboard
- There is a cupboard in the en suite bathroom which houses the standard sized washer dryer which is front loading.
- The nearest shops are approximately 3 miles away in Chipping Campden or Blockley
Grounds and Gardens
- The courtyard is old brick, some slightly uneven.
- There is a square metal table 68cm floor to lowest point of table (underspace)
- There are 4 chairs (seat 48cm cm high to seat)
- An Information folder is produced in size 12 font
- Fire Procedures are in the Information File
- Variable mobile phone reception
Campden Cottages, Folly Cottage, Paxford, Chipping Campden, GL55 6XG
Local carers: Stockwell Care Services
Tel: 01386 840691
Braithwaite House, High Street, Chipping Campden Gloucestershire, GL55 6HB
Local Equipment Hire
Chipping Campden Voluntary Help Group will hire out the following equipment
- Bed cradles
- Zimmer walking frames
Contact: Dr D Sim
Full details with telephone numbers and links to timetables for taxis, buses and trains are on www.campdencottages.co.uk/info/transport.htm
Local accessible taxi: Briwood Private Hire, Evesham
Tel: 07704 446158 operate vehicles suitable for carrying wheelchairs
Shopmobility Stratford upon Avon
Tel: 01789 414534
Monday to Saturday: 9.00am until 4.30pm
Sunday: 10.00am until 4.00pm
Tel: 01242 255333
Level 1A, Beechwood Shopping Centre, High Street, Cheltenham GL50 1QD
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone 01386-593315 or email firstname.lastname@example.org